NAID Europe 2017 Seminar
Making the Most of the GDPR
Thanks for joining us in Luxembourg on 18 May!
NAID’s first event focused specifically on the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was both well-received and eye-opening. Industry professionals, representing the top service providers across the region were in attendance.
As widely reported here and elsewhere, the GDPR marks a dramatic increase in data protection requirements for all businesses in Europe, as well as businesses outside the region that possess information of European citizens.
Among the Most Important Requirements:
- Significantly higher fines (up to 4% of annual turnover)
- The imposition data breach notification
- A new GDPR contract to address specific compliance clauses
- The required appointment of a Data Protection Officer
- Recognition of Industry Certifications by the European Data Protection Board
- A requirement to be able to demonstrate compliance
Session Topics Included:
- An overview of the new regulation by Gary Cywie of Allen & Overy
- What data breach notification means for secure destruction service providers
- The unveiling of the new GDPR compliance NAID-Europe service contract
- NAID-Europe’s strategy to have AAA Certification recognized by the European Data Protection Board
- What the regional service providers forecast as the result of the GDPR
The GDPR goes into effect on 25 May 2018. It will be a busy year for NAID-Europe as it continues to help members. Association leaders are planning another event in advance of the compliance deadline to unveil more tools and to prepare members for this new opportunity.
Thank you to our Sponsors >>
Make sure you stay informed on all our event news for Europe >>
Interested in sponsoring our next event? Contact Tracy Tarlton at firstname.lastname@example.org